When you ask any non-native about Arizona, they will probably reference the desert. While there is plenty of desert land, there are also big cities, ski resorts, national forests and Native American reservations throughout the state. Arizona is known for hot summers and mild winters, making it a great place to visit year round. While there is something for everyone in Arizona, thrill-seekers will rejoice. The sheer number of exciting, heart pounding activities to try in the state is nearly overwhelming. Here are ten extreme AZ activities you should check out—if you dare.
- Off Road Vehicle Tours – With all of the “wild” land in Arizona, there are plenty of places to go off-road. A tour through the desert or the woods is a thrilling way to spend an afternoon.
- Racing Adventures – Located in Phoenix, Racing Adventures motorsports park lets you experience what it is like to be behind the wheel of a supercar. What’s more exciting than that?
- Trapeze U – Trapeze U gets you flying! You can learn what it is like to swing from the trapeze at this unique destination. Who knows, the circus life may be the one for you.
- Rock Climbing – While you may immediately think of desert when imagining Arizona, there are plenty of mountains too. Rock climbing is always a challenge and always a thrill—no matter where you decide to climb.
- Grand Canyon Skywalk – There are so many ways to experience the canyon, but one of the best (and scariest) is the skywalk. This glass bridge lets you see the canyon from above and experience the wonder of the canyon from a unique perspective.
- Pink Jeeping – While there are many off-roading tours, as mentioned above, none is more unique than the Pink Jeep Tour of Scottsdale. Check out the canyons and Native American lands up close and personal in a cool pink jeep!
- Skydiving – The epitome of thrills has got to be skydiving. Many companies offer this service, and deciding to take the “plunge” in Arizona is a special treat!
- Hot Air Ballooning – What is the best way to see all Arizona has to offer? Perhaps from the air! A hot air balloon ride is an awesome way to experience the beauty and wonder of AZ.
- Horseback Riding – While a horseback ride can be relaxing and enjoyable, it can also be a thrill—if you are experienced and want it to be. Check out the different trail ride opportunities in AZ and find out how thrilling a ride can be.
- Wakeboard Island – Open all summer long, Wakeboard Island is one of the best ways to experience hardcore wakeboard fun. Plus, if you are new to the sport, there are instructors ready to help you learn.
It should be apparent from this list that Arizona is an exciting place to visit. Make your reservation at Blue Water Resort & Casino today and muster up your courage to try one (or more) of the extreme activities from above. You may be surprised by how much fun thrill-seeking can be!