Whether you prefer slots, blackjack, roulette or something completely different, the best thing about visiting Blue Water Resort and Casino is that you have plenty of options when it comes to placing your bets. You can bet low or bet high—there is a table or machine there to fit your needs. However, when it comes time to up the ante, so to speak, and play at the high limit tables or machines, you may feel a bit nervous. Here are five etiquette tips for high limit gaming—at Blue Water or anywhere else you may play.
- Know the Chip Colors – If you are playing a table game, you will have to deal with chips. The high limit tables mean that you will need to know several different denominations. Learn these well so that you do not have to fumble with the different colors and chips during play and slow things down. Your tablemates and the dealer will appreciate this!
- Don’t Try to Buy Chips Between Hands – The dealer is very busy in mid-hand trying to keep track of everything happening on the table. Do not confuse the issue even more by trying to buy chips. Wait until the hand is finished and then buy in. You will make the dealer and other players happier by doing this.
- Know the Game Rules – While the lower limit tables expect that new players will try to play and may need a refresher of rules, this should not be the case at a high limit table. At high limit machines, this isn’t an issue, but for your sake you will want to review the rules on the machine before you try to play.
- Don’t Criticize Other’s Play – While you may not appreciate how another chooses to play the game (and in Blackjack it CAN affect your hand), don’t criticize this play. If necessary, you can get up and move or come back later. This type of criticism is not needed and may make other feel bad.
- Tip – While tipping is optional, it is expected. Tip based on the friendliness of the dealer and how well you are doing. You’ll be more popular at the table and possibly boost your gambling “karma” if you believe in it too!
As you can see, there is a lot to think about when it comes to high-stakes gambling. However, just remember that your dealer and likely your tablemates are NOT likely to get upset with you if they can see that you are trying your best to follow proper standards for etiquette. Once you are a bit more comfortable with how to play at the high limit tables or machines, it is time to book your next trip to Blue Water Resort and Casino. We can’t wait to see you at the tables—hopefully, you’ll win big!